Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Conquering Fear

After discussing the events in Mark 9:17-29 , Elder Holland comments:

“I would say to all who wish for more faith, remember this man! In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited.  In the growth we all have to experience in mortality, the spiritual equivalent of this boy’s affliction or this parent’s desperation is going to come to all of us. When those moments come and issues surface, the resolution of which is not immediately forthcoming, hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes.”


In times of fear and doubt the only thing that helps me is holding the ground I have already won.  I do this by remembering my past conflicts that have been resolved.  It is telling the stories when Christ was there for me.  He came through even though things got very difficult in the climax.  In the end my desire was obtained.  My conflict was resolved.  And I have become a better person having gone through what I did.  When I dwell on those true stories my faith is strengthened in my present leap of faith.

Group 1 Crew - "He Said (feat. Chris August)" (Official Music Video)


No comments:

Post a Comment